Re: [Diffserv] Model - queues

> > Hmm.  I hadn't heard of this.  Do you have a reference?
> Here are a few pointers, mostly papers analyzing performance, although
> I recall at least one paper by Landsberg and Zukowski (Columbia U.)
> which was describing a VLSI design they had done for a scheme that was
> actually more generic than simple push-out.

Here is another paper on the analysis of different discard policies
(including pushout, threshold and random dropping, etc.):

Z. Liu, R. Righter,
The Impact of Cell Dropping Policies in ATM Networks,
INRIA Research Report No. 3047, 1996.
to appear in Operations Research.
http://www-sop.inria.fr/mistral/personnel/Zhen.Liu/Papers/cell_drop.ps.gz

Zhen