Re: [Diffserv] Model - queues - replacement text

Yes :-)

And as you so nicely demonstrate in your example, the
queueing system is "queue plus scheduling". A queue
provides the 'place to wait', scheduling provides
the 'when to leave'. (And I supposed discard can be
considered the 'leave via the secret trap door in
the floor' :-)

Andrew Smith wrote:
> Grenville,
> There's no point in forming a queue for a bus if there's no scheduling
> algorithm implied for when the bus comes along. Or are Ozzie bus queues like
> French ski-resort cable-car queues: form a nice neatly ordered queue and
> then have a mad random-access scramble when the vehicle arrives. :-)
> Andrew

diffserv mailing list
Archive: http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/