I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pilc-2.5g3g-00.txt

This draft is a work item of the Performance Implications of Link Characteristics Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: TCP over 2.5G and 3G Wireless Networks
	Author(s)	: H. Inamura et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pilc-2.5g3g-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 23-Feb-01

This document describes a profile for optimizing TCP over 2.5G/3G
networks. We describe the link characteristics of 3G wireless by
using W-CDMA (Wideband CDMA) as an example. We then recommend TCP
optimization mechanisms and, finally, present examples of wireless
internet services and standardization activities. These potentially
will deploy the profile described in this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pilc-2.5g3g-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pilc-2.5g3g-00.txt".

http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Send a message to:
	mailserv@ietf.org.
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pilc-2.5g3g-00.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	how to manipulate these messages.

Internet-Draft.
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pilc-2.5g3g-00.txt>