I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pilc-2.5g3g-03.txt

This draft is a work item of the Performance Implications of Link Characteristics Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: TCP over 2.5G and 3G Wireless Networks
	Author(s)	: H. Inamura et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pilc-2.5g3g-03.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 05-Jul-01

This document describes a profile for optimizing TCP over 2.5G/3G
wireless networks. We describe the link characteristics of 3G
wireless by using W-CDMA (Wideband CDMA) as an example. We then
recommend TCP optimization mechanisms and, finally, present examples
of wireless internet services and standardization activities. These
potentially will deploy the profile described in this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pilc-2.5g3g-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pilc-2.5g3g-03.txt".

http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Send a message to:
	mailserv@ietf.org.
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pilc-2.5g3g-03.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	how to manipulate these messages.

Internet-Draft.
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pilc-2.5g3g-03.txt>