[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Protocol Action: Named Subordinate References in LDAP Directories to Proposed Standard
- To: IETF-Announce: ;
- Subject: Protocol Action: Named Subordinate References in LDAP Directories to Proposed Standard
- From: The IESG <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 15:31:57 -0500
- Cc: RFC Editor <email@example.com>
- Cc: Internet Architecture Board <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 23:03:51 +0200
- Envelope-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Named Subordinate References
in LDAP Directories' <draft-zeilenga-ldap-namedref-05.txt> as a
Proposed Standard. This has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the
product of an IETF Working Group.
The IESG contact persons are Ned Freed and Patrik Faltstrom
This document details schema and protocol elements for representing and
manipulating named subordinate references in LDAP directories. A referral
object is used to hold subordinate reference information in the directory.
These referral objects hold one or more URIs (specified in RFC 2396)
contained in values of the ref attribute type and are used to generate
protocol referrals and continuations.
Working Group Summary
The document is not a product of a working group, but has been discussed on
the LDAPBIS working group mailing list.
The specification was reviewed for the IESG by Patrik Faltstrom.