[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Protocol Action: INTERNET MESSAGE ACCESS PROTOCOL - VERSION 4rev1 to Proposed Standard
- To: IETF-Announce: ;
- Subject: Protocol Action: INTERNET MESSAGE ACCESS PROTOCOL - VERSION 4rev1 to Proposed Standard
- From: The IESG <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 13:03:41 -0400
- Cc: RFC Editor <email@example.com>, Internet Architecture Board <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 20:34:49 +0300
- Envelope-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'INTERNET MESSAGE ACCESS
PROTOCOL - VERSION 4rev1' <draft-crispin-imapv-20.txt> as a Proposed
Standard. This has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of
an IETF Working Group. The IESG contact persons are Ned Freed and
The Internet Message Access Protocol, Version 4rev1 (IMAP4rev1) allows
a client to access and manipulate electronic mail messages on a server.
IMAP4rev1 permits manipulation of mailboxes (remote message folders) in
a way that is functionally equivalent to local folders. IMAP4rev1 also
provides the capability for an offline client to resynchronize with the
This document is a revision of RFC 2060. Appendix B of this document
describes revisions and changes.
Working Group Summary
The original IMAP4 specification was a product of the IMAP working group.
The present document is not the product of an IETF Working group but was
extensively reviewed within the IETF.
Ned Freed reviewed this document for the IESG.