[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Protocol Action: IPsec Configuration Policy Model to Proposed Standard
- To: IETF-Announce: ;
- Subject: Protocol Action: IPsec Configuration Policy Model to Proposed Standard
- From: The IESG <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 14:37:10 -0400
- Delivery-date: Thu, 22 May 2003 22:03:38 +0300
- Envelope-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
The IESG has approved the Internet-Drafts
* 'IPsec Configuration Policy Information Model'
* 'IP Security Policy Requirements'
as a Proposed Standard. These documents are products of the IP Security
Policy Working Group. The IESG contact persons are R. Housley and Steve
These documents specify a policy framework, model, and PIB for IPsec.
RFC 2401 provides for complex "selectors" that describe what traffic
is to be encrypted, and under what conditions. These documents
provide a mechanism for specifying the policy, and for configuring
endpoints to use this policy.
Working Group Summary
There was debate about whether or not to use PIBs -- and then
discussion about the IESG's policy regarding PIBs and standards
This protocol was reviewed for the IESG by Steve Bellovin.