[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Randy Bush replacement schedule
- To: IETF-Announce: ;
- Subject: Randy Bush replacement schedule
- From: Richard Draves <richdr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 13:25:33 -0500
- Delivery-date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 20:45:01 +0200
- Envelope-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: owner-ietf-announce@xxxxxxxx
For mid-term vacancies, RFC 2727 says "the selection and confirmation
process is expected to be completed within 1 month." However, there are
several factors that make a one-month schedule impractical in this
1. Some nominees for Randy's O&M AD position are also under
consideration for other positions.
2. The two O&M ADs need to have complementary skills.
3. Candidates with operational experience & relationships are rare.
4. The Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday seasons.
To have the best chance of producing a high-quality result, the NomCom
(after consulting with ISOC and the IAB as confirming body) has arrived
at the following schedule for filling Randy Bush's O&M AD position:
1. Nominations due to NomCom by Dec 1, 2003.
2. NomCom produces confidential short-list by Dec 10.
3. NomCom makes decision by Dec 22.
4. NomCom notifies IAB on Jan 5, 2004.
5. IAB confirms (or rejects) by Jan 19.