FW: I-D ACTION:draft-stewart-tsvwg-sctpipv6-00.txt

Hi all,

For those of you not aware, there is a new transport level
protocol, SCTP.  This protocol supports transport level
multihoming, by allowing endpoints to exchanging IP addresses
in the association intitialization messages.

This can cause some problems by allowing IP addresses to
escape their scope, thus introducing the possibilities for
some black holes.

I'm not sure if Randy Stewart is subscribed or not (primary
author of SCTP), but if he isn't, I can field some questions
about SCTP (if they aren't too tough!) ...

Just a small deployment note - SCTP should start seeing some
deployment later this year in 3G networks, as a signaling
bearer for some radio access protocols, so it would be a
good idea to try make sure that this issue is nailed down.

thanks,
John