Re: draft-ietf-ngtrans-dns-ops-req-00.txt

NOTE WELL:
this e-mail is not in accordance with the all requirements of section 10
of RFC2026 ... in particular, I haven't given due credit to those who taught
me to read and write (frankly, I don't remember who they were), and vast
numbers of other people, all of whom contributed to my getting to where I
am today...  However, I make no copyright claims to it, use it how you will.
I also have no patents, pending or issued, on any of the technology (or ever
ideas) discussed herein.  "IETF" might be a trade mark, so might "RFC", but
they don't belong to me.

In section seven, you call out for the desire to have native IPv6 transport
aware DNS servers for the inverse mapping of the IPv6 address tree. While
I can't speak to the IP6.ARPA proposal, the IP6.INT domain has had native
IPv6 servers for nearly a year and the INT domain has had a native IPv6
server for 6 months.  An informal sub-group of the RSSAC has had working,
test root servers, that are native IPv6 aware for a little over a year.

So there is a community with some emperical experience with these issues.

--
--bill