Re: Proposed IPv6 DNS Discovery Requirements

At 2:27 PM -0400 4/29/02, Rob Austein wrote:
>I have to admit that I also find it kind of amusing that this of all
>WGs seems to be proposing to move service location functionality out
>of the edge systems and into the network core.

No more so than the use of DHCP relays does.  We're talking about the
IGP within a site, and taking advantage of what it already can do.

(Now that I mention it, perhaps DHCP relays ought also to be replaced
by the use of a well-known, site-local anycast address.)

Steve