RE: IPv6 w.g. Last Call on "IPv6 for Some Second and Third Generation Cellular Hosts"

Brian

  > Take a look at the very last paragraph of section 5 of 2710.  It
  > states:
  >
  >      MLD messages ARE sent for multicast addresses whose scope is 2
  >     (link-local), including Solicited-Node multicast
  > addresses [ADDR-
  >     ARCH], except for the link-scope, all-nodes address (FF02::1).
  >
  > That means that a host MUST send an MLD Report for all multicast
  > groups it joins except all-nodes.

=> The solicited nodemcast address cannot be hard coded
of course, so that's understandable. My question
was why it needs to do it for the ALL Nodes mcast
address, and you have explained that MLD is not
needed for that. I agree !

We can make it clearer that the statement applies
to the ALL Nodes mcast address, this was the intention
anyway.

Hesham