RE: IPv6 w.g. Last Call on "IPv6 for Some Second and Third Genera tion Cellular Hosts"

  > 	no, it doesn't make sense to me.  even for hardcoded
  > addresses, there
  > 	should be an MLD join packet issued from the listener.

=> Well, the MLD spec doesn't say that though! We can change
the MLD spec if enough people agree, but as far as this
draft is concerned,we have to follow existing specs.

  > 	what i don't understand is why you are wanting to omit it.

=> I didn't omit anything, I said it was not mandatory.
If it is then there would have been statement in the
RFC to indicate that.

for
  > 	example, if 3G mobile node in the following diagram
  > transmits MLD join
  > 	uptream router could suppress packet to the expensive
  > wireless link for
  > 	packet to ff02::blah.  i believe MLD support has benefit to the
  > 	situation.

=> But do you assume that the default router on a p2p link
will forward mcast packets to multiple links even though
hosts on those links didn't join this group?
                       incoming packet to ff02::blah

If only H2 joined, doyou assume that the router will
send it to H1 as well? Why?
Note H1 and H2 do not share the same link.

Hesham