RE: Draft on a V6 documentation prefix

Bob,

> Bob Hinden wrote:
> I think a single /32 should be fine for most purposes. Hopefully
> people setting up BGP peering can deal with something like:
> "We will setup a BGP peering between ISPA who is allocated
> XXXX:XXXX::/32 and ISPB who is allocated YYYY:YYYY::/32."

They certainly can, but the goal of the documentation prefix is to avoid
hijacking of real prefixes when doing _lab_ work (after all, hijacking a
prefix for documentation-only purposes without ever configuring these
addresses is not wrong). The trouble with using things such as
XXXX:XXXX::/32 and YYYY:YYYY::/32 is that they can't be configured on a
router and won't prevent the hijacking of a real prefix when labing the
case, which is what the documentation prefix tries to prevent from
happening.

Michel.