Re: Status of <draft-hinden-ipv6-global-local-addr-00.txt>

    Date:        Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:07:14 -0700
    From:        Alain Durand <Alain.Durand@Sun.COM>

  | Then please explain us how do you do it, I'd be very happy to learn,
  | especially in the case where some port on the destination host
  | support v4 & v6 and some only support v4.

I'll do that sometime later (or send you something in private mail).

But, I am only concerned with the v6 case - the decision to use a v6
address is assumed to have already been made.   If that turns out to
be incorrect, and a fallback to v4 is needed, that would happen just
as you now imagine it happening (and all the variation I'm using would
have changed is that perhaps some IPv6 addresses would have been ignored,
but that's currently assuming "traditional" SL addressing, rather than
the new form, and I'm not sure it will be able to survive - maybe in
a variant form, that is going to take more work to establish).

kre