Re: Requirements for Limited-Scope Unicast Addressing in IPv6

Michel,

 > We don't throw away a
> published standard with running code from multiple vendors in exchange
> for the promise that _maybe_ someone will be able to produce a
> replacement that meets the requirements.

It is true that we should not make standards where there is no running
code.  However, Running code != good practices or even good ideas.  And
we do have running code (with both good and bad ideas) for now while we
figure out this question- it's called IPv4.

Eliot