RE: Requirements for Limited-Scope Unicast Addressing in IPv6

Michel,

At 09:50 PM 6/20/2003, Michel Py wrote:
> > Fred Templin wrote:
> > A limited-scope addressing scheme is needed to replace the
> > now-deprecated site-local scheme from [RFC3513]
>
>The site-local scheme is not deprecated until there is a published
>document that states otherwise which will not happen until all the
>outstanding appeals have been resolved. Therefore the site-local scheme
>from RFC3513 which is in the standards track is still valid. Should you
>push this text to be published I can assure you that it will be appealed
>as well all the way to the IAB.

Your email saying that this work can not proceed or it will be appealed is
out of line and an attempt to intimidate the IPv6 working group.  This is
unacceptable and inconsistent with open IETF participation.  There is an
appeal outstanding regarding the IPv6 working groups decision to deprecate
site-local addresses, but until and if that decision of the working group
is overturned, we will continue working under that decision.  You may make
your own decision about whether or not to participate in this activity.

Bob Hinden
IPv6 w.g. co-chair