What to do with FEC0? [was Re: Moving forward on Site-Local and Local Addressing

Zefram wrote:
> I'm expecting, by the way, that the deprecation will leave fec0::/10
> to be treated as global-scope unicast addresses, rather than making
> fec0::/10 addresses cease to function altogether.

That's an interesting expectation. As co-author of the planned
deprecation draft, I'd been assuming a more classical deprecation
action, in which we would simply state the previous semantics of
FEC0::/10, state that the prefix SHOULD NOT be used, but leave it
permanently assigned by IANA.

This would break nothing that runs today.

What do people think?