Re: Appel due to management of the "site-local issue"

Leif,

You didn't address this to me, but I feel obligated to answer.

The questions I have asked the working group in the email "Moving forward
on Site-Local and Local Addressing" was to ascertain the manner in which
the working group wanted the deprecation of site-local was to happen.  The
steps the working group should take.  This has been a topic of debate it
and I thought it best to get feedback from the working group.

It was not in any way an attempt to revisit or un-deprecate
site-locals.  Each choices I asked people to indicate their preference for
in that email included deprecating site-local addresses.  I support that
the working group did decide to deprecate site-local addresses, helped to
declare that consensus, and I am one of the w.g. chairs who rejected the
appeal on that topic to overturn the decision.  The chairs are not trying
to change the decision of the working group.

I think you may be misinterpreting the intent of this email.  Site-Local
is, as everyone can see, a contentious issue and it is my desire get
clarity on the way the WG wants to move forward.  Getting feed back from
the working group on how it wants to do this is something I feel is essential.

Regards,
Bob