Re: Moving forward on Site-Local and Local Addressing

At 06:30 PM 6/08/2003 +1000, Aidan Williams wrote:
 > I can't see significant differences in process between globally unique
local address allocation and a globally >unique PI address allocation.

I'd offer the view that there's a lot of difference.

draft-hinden-ipv6-global-local-addr-02.txt is a good starting point in
terms of describing the differences
in characteristics.

http://www.apnic.net/meetings/16/programme/sigs/docs/policy/addpol-doc-huston-local-use-addrs.doc
attempts to to refine this draft into some considerations from a registry
perspective. (If there's interest
I'll put this out as an Internet Draft)

   Geoff Huston