Unicast scope field (was: Moving forward on Site-Local and Local Addressing)

Hi,

I was thinking to bring this suggestion myself, and I'm glad Yibo did.
Having a Scope field in unicast addresses seems (to me) to solve all-so-many problems.
I would go further to allow nodes to only send, receive and forward packets from- and to- the same scope.

Being still on the IPv6 learning curve I might well be wrong, but it seems to me the silver bullet for:
- Killing NAT ("site local" interfaces, whether globally unique or not, may never communicate with global unicast
interfaces)
- Simplifying address selection
- Cleaning the routing tables
- Simplifying router design and setup

Coming from a router design point-of-view, the current address architecture, and more important, the forseeable and
unforseeable changes within it, make it difficult to desgin a mechanism that identifies the source/destination address
scopes.

OK - now I'm ready to take the flames...

Regards,

-- Nir Arad