RE: Let's abolish scope [Re: Unicast scope field (was: Moving forward on Site-Local and Local Addressing)]

On Behalf Of Brian E Carpenter
> I think it does, because it makes "less than global" ambiguous.
> Does it mean "my intranet", "my intranet plus a VPN to company
> X", "a VPN to company X but not my intranet", "my VPNs to
> companies X and Y plus a secure subset of my intranet", or a
> combinatorial number of similar choices?

I would be open to accept the idea that it means "my intranet" and that
we would need to use global addresses for the rest of the scenarios you
mentioned. It's not as flexible as
it-could-be-if-we-lived-in-a-perfect-world, but will address the bulk of
the needs.

Michel.