WG focus (was: Re: Multi-homing (was RE: Moving backward [Re: Fourthalternative [wasRe: Moving forward ....]])

Tony,

I do not think it will work. Way too many efforts failed in the v6 wg
and it is time to focus, not create again a mega wg.

I have an alternate suggestion:
- recharter the ipv6 wg to focus on advancing the protocol elements.

- move the discussion on the operational requirements around
   the issues of address stability/locality/availability to v6Ops.
   after all, v6ops is the operational wg for IPv6!

- if multi6 and/or v6ops conclude that some fundamental changes
   need to happen wrt the address architecture, charter an ad-hoc wg to
   focus on this problem.

I think this course of action will enable us to make progress on this
sensitive issue.

    - Alain.