RE: Moving forward on Site-Local and Local Addressing

At 10:30 AM 9/08/2003 -0400, Bound, Jim wrote:

>I think we have this known.
>
>1.  Consensus is SLs are not going to achieve consensus.
>2.  hinden draft works IMO?
>
>What don't you like about hinden draft "idea"?

Well - to answer this question of Jims,  I'm not sure it (the Hinden/Haberman
draft) is finished yet - to my mind there are some further
considerations that are relevant here.  I've prepared a commentary
on the proposal as an Internet  draft.  The draft will be published this
week as draft-huston-ipv6-local-use-comments-00.txt

I've also put a copy online at:
http://www.potaroo.net/papers/2003/draft-huston-ipv6-local-use-comments-00.txt

regards,

     Geoff