Re: draft-cpatel-ipv6-automated-policy-table-cfg-00.txt

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:21:42 +0530
"Chirayu Patel" <chirayu@chirayu.org> wrote:

> I would like to hear what the WG thinks about it.

I think it's completely unacceptable to expect applications to deal with
multiple addressing scopes, whether or not there is any indication from
the network regarding "policy".  I also think that it's unreasonable for
the network to dictate such policy, since different apps on the same network
will have different needs.  I also think it's unreasonable for the network
to expect/demand that apps will select a locally-scoped address
over one that is globally scoped - if nothing else this breaks backward
compatibility.