Re: Moving forward on Site-Local and Local Addressing

On tisdag, aug 19, 2003, at 16:56 Europe/Stockholm, Kurt Erik Lindqvist
wrote:

> On tisdag, aug 19, 2003, at 02:56 Europe/Stockholm, Bound, Jim wrote:
>
>>> IPv6 IS IPv4 with more bits.
>>
>> On the contrary it is much more if you go down behind the user and
>> look
>> at the protocol and implementation.  It depends on ones view.  I am
>> debating this with Geoff now on his Myth article and there will
>> another
>> article soon.
>
> In that sense you are probably right. But for the end-user, network
> manager or the Carrier financial department, it's just more bits.
> There are a number of ways that we have changed HOW things are done,
> but it's still the same things.

And, I think this is a _positive_ thing which actually helps IPv6
getting deployed. People not knowing much about Internet doesn't have
to buy another $1k/day training just because they have to enter other
"things" in their computers.

The more it is for the end-user and basic administrator (and
application) "just more bits", the better.

    paf