Re: IPv6 Link-Local Use Issue for Applications

>b) There have been cases where manufacturers have allocated non-unique MAC
>addresses. What is worse is that these duplications have apparently tended
>to happen within the same batch of NICs, and have been encountered when
>somebody goes to deploy a group of say 20 new NICs they have just bought,
>and encounter one or more duplications.

Do you have any first hand experience of this happening?  I have heard the
story several times, but I would like to see something definitive.  I
wonder if it is an "internet urban myth".

Does anyone have in their possession two or more NICs with the same MAC