RE: reqs for local addressing OR requirements for SL replacement?[Re: Accept hain/templin draft as wg item?]

> Leif Johansson wrote:
> The added protection you get from a private address space
> is isn't worth the bits the configuration is stored in.

Exactly the same as saying that car locks are not worth having because
they're so easy to open that they don't stop anybody. It is true indeed
that any amateur with a coat hanger will open a car in a matter of
seconds. As a matter of fact, I locked my keys in my car a while ago and
I had to call AAA to let me back in. It took more time to the driver of
the AAA truck to fill the paperwork than it did to open the door.

Guess what: cars have locks anyway and nothing you can say about car
locks being a joke is going to change it. If you don't like it, you can
leave your car open.

Michel.