RE: Deprecation Poll Vote.

> I would rather like to see some text like:
> The following section of RFC x,y,z.... are obsoleted:
>
> section a.b.c of RFC XXXX

That would be difficult. Text about Site-locals not localized. Maybe we can
rephrase the last sentence to

"Henceforth the prefix MUST be treated as an unassigned prefix by new IPv6
implementations."

> >  The prefix MUST NOT be reassigned for other use
> >    except by a future IETF standards action. Future versions of the
> >    addressing architecture [RFC3513] will include this information.
> >
> >    However, router implementations SHOULD be configured to prevent
> >    routing of this prefix by default.
>
> This seems to contradict the initial sentence I have just commented on.

RFC 3513 states - "Routers must not forward any packets with site-local source
or destination addresses outside of the site." (Note the "must")

On further thought, we can probably reorganize the section as:

"This document formally deprecates the IPv6 site-local unicast prefix defined
in [RFC3513], i.e. 1111111011 binary or FEC0::/10. The prefix MUST NOT be
reassigned for other use except by a future IETF standards action. Future
versions of the addressing architecture [RFC3513] will include this
information.

Henceforth FEC0::/10 prefix MUST be treated as an unassigned prefix by new
IPv6 (for hosts as well as routers) implementations."

I also think that we need to have a line that says something like:

"The deprecation of IPv6 site-local unicast addresses is applicable to all the
usages as specified in RFC A, B, C, D... . Future versions of these RFC's will
remove information about site-locals".