Re: Accept hain/templin draft as wg item?

Chirayu,

Chirayu Patel wrote:

>Hi Fred,
>
>I did a quick comparison with my set of comments, and I am happy. :-)
>
>Just one minor point.
>
>I had asked for adding text that would make it mandatory for each proposal to
>include statistical analysis for
>
>	1) Probability of collision when "x" networks are merged, when "n"
>addresses have been chosen from the address space of "m" values.
>
>	2) Probability to choose a duplicate address after "a" addresses have
>been chosen from the address space of "m".
>
>I see you have added a sentence stating that proposals should include
>statistical analysis. Is there any reason why you do not want to include the
>above two points?

My concern was that that text was tending toward very specific
formulation but
I am not yet convinced that it captures the necessary and sufficient
criteria for
analysis. I believe we are in fact beginning to see a distillation of
the criteria
through the current wg discussions, but I don't think we are quite ready
to write
a tight formal specification - perhaps soon.

BTW, the hain/templin -02 draft update is now available at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hain-templin-ipv6-limitedrange-02.txt

Fred
ftemplin@iprg.nokia.com