Spoofing and SCTP ADD-IP (was Re: Solving the right problems ...)

Randall R. Stewart (home) wrote:
> This is one of the reasons the authors of ADD-IP have NOT pushed to get
> it done.. some more
> work needs to be done on this area...

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nikander-mobileip-v6-ro-sec-01.txt
is a background document, produced by the MIPv6 route optimization
security design team, that tries to explain the security desing
in MIPv6 RO.  I think that most of the threats and much of the solution
model would most probably apply also to SCTP ADD-IP and, of course,
also other multi-address multi-homing solutions.

--Pekka Nikander