RE: comment/question on deprecate-site-local-00.txt

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, BAUDOT Alain FTRD/DMI/CAE wrote:
[...]
> So, let ask the question in another way: assuming that the "common
> blocking rule" is guaranted, does it provide some "real" interresting
> feature ? If yes, then comes the question on how to make this rule
> guaranted and possibly in a simple and efficient way. If no, we are
> done.

I think this is kind of a moot point, because we can *never* guarantee
that, any more than we can guarantee that source addresses are not being
used (except at *our* administrative border, to an extent).

A different question would be whether a slightly lower "guarantee" (e.g.
"implemented and enabled on most but not all platforms" or "almost always
enabled, unless disabled manually") -- or "warm fuzzy feeling" -- would be
useful.