Re: why market picked up NATs [Re: Writeups on why RFC1918 is bad?]

> From my SF-centric Nexus-of-the-web-trendiod
> standpoint: for residential use (especially with
> broadband) it is simply impossible to have an
> argument about the evils of NAT.

that's the stupidest thing that's been said here in a long time.

NATs are at least as harmful in a residential environment as in any other
environment.  It's just that residential customers are slower to realize
the problems with NAT and they have less ability to get blocks of addresses
routed to them at reasonable prices than other customers.