Raise the bar for v6?

We still don't have any IPv6 root nameservers. I gather one of the
problems here is the limit on response message sizes for DNS queries.

There are no doubt many other protocols that suffer from limitations in
the original specs that are no longer relevant in today's
implementations.

I was thinking that it could make sense to retire some of these
limitations in IPv6, even if they are not really IPv6-related. The
rationale would be that a legacy application wouldn't normally be able
to operate over IPv6 anyway, so raising the bar shouldn't lead to
interoperability issues.