"RFC 2461bis" issue: DNS configuration

I haven't been on this list very long so I'm unaware of the reasons to
revisit 2461 and I don't know whether the following issue has been
discussed, but:

Why is there no mechanism to learn DNS addresses through router
advertisements?

It is currently possible to attach a host to a link with one or more
IPv6 routers and have the host automatically discover all the
paramaters needed to connect to the IPv6 internet... except DNS
servers.

This is the absolute number one annoyance when running IPv6.