Re: FW: IPv6 w.g. Last Call on "Link Scoped IPv6 Multicast Addresses"

Hi

I don't get:

   1) The need for such link-local adresses. Maybe it should be
described in the document (saying you will not need any allocation
server or equivalent is not enough I think). What type of applications
you think will need these link-local adresses?

   2) Why to use the flag bit P for these adresses. This bit is already
clearly defined in the RFC 3306. I don't see the interest in having an
exception for this RFC if scope <= 2. We already have a lot of
complexity for IPv6 multicast adresses and poor usage. I would prefer we
have one way to allocate the adresses and that people can implement it
easily.

Could you please clarify these points ?

Regards

Jerome