Re: IPv6 w.g. Last Call on "Deprecating Site Local Addresses"

 > 4   Deprecation
 >
 >   This document formally deprecates the IPv6 site-local unicast prefix
 >   defined in [RFC3513], i.e. 1111111011 binary or FEC0::/10. The
 >   special behavior of this prefix MUST no longer be supported in new
 >   implementations.

I think this section is not ready yet. Couple comments:

1) This is not the IETF job to mandate what an implemention choose
    to support or not.

2) What constitute a "new implementation"?
    For example, we shipped IPv6 in Solaris 8. Same bits plus extra
    features in Solaris 9, more coming in newer relases, but fundamentally
    the same code fundation. Would Solaris 10, 11, 12, 13, 14....
    or what ever new name we come up with be considered as "new
implemtations"?
    This is confusing...

3) What does section 4 exactly means with regard to default address
selection RFC3484?
    Does this obsolete the rules about scope?

    - Alain.