RE: IPv6 w.g. Last Call on "Deprecating Site Local Addresses"

> Suggested text to address both comments:
>
> replace:
> "The special behavior of this prefix MUST no longer be supported in
new
> implementations."
>
> by
>
> "The special behavior of this prefix MUST no longer be supported."

Well, we did not intend to force every implementation developer to go
fix the problem immediately, recall the products that have already
shipped, etc. The "new implementation" piece is meant to convey that
meaning. Just dropping it does not really solve the issue.

> >Well, we still have link local scope, so there is still that. Do you
> >suggest that we write a line for each of the RFC that currently
mention
> >site local and explain how to change them?
> >
> Precisely. There are not that many of them. If you go through the
> archives,
> you'll find a post where I made the list of places that either
mentioned
> FECO:: or site local. Or a simple grep in the RFC pages will do.

I would rather use a catch-up phrase than an exhaustive list. Something
like:
"The special behavior of this prefix MUST no longer be supported in new
implementations or in new protocol definitions. References to this
prefix should be removed from IETF documents when these documents are
revised."

-- Christian Huitema