Re: IPv6 w.g. Last Call on "Unique Local IPv6 Unicast Addresses"

I would oppose dropping the self-generated portion.  I think we have been
pretty clear about the fact that anyone expecting to use locals for long
periods of time with some chance of merging later should get the registered
kind.  There is real value in the self-generated version, and I simply
can't see the dire consequences predicted here...

--On Monday, November 10, 2003 11:36 -0800 Alain Durand
<Alain.Durand@Sun.COM> wrote:

> I think that if you were to drop entirely the randomly self generated
> addresses and do not say anything about the fee scruture except it has to
> be low cost, it would be a much more swallable pill.
>
>     - Alain.

Hans Kruse, Associate Professor
J. Warren McClure School of Communication Systems Management
Adjunct Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Ohio University, Athens, OH, 45701
740-593-4891 voice, 740-593-4889 fax