Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipv6-deprecate-site-local-02.txt

The whole story about deprecating Site Local has led to very complex
discussions
that a lot of people had difficulties to follow, partly because the
issues are complex
and partly because of the heat of the debate.
As we are coming near to a conclusion to this painful story, I believe
we owe
implementors and network administrators very clear guidelines on what
to do now
and confusion in this section of the document is IMHO not acceptable.

I think the key is to dissociate in this text what implementors and
what network administrator
have to do.

To the implementors:
a) don't implement SL if you are designing a new product
b) don't rush removing SL support from your current products, this can
      be done in future releases.

To network administrators:
a) don't design new networks using SL
b) don't rush redesigning your existing network using SL
     however, don't expect them to work in the future as new
implementations will not support SL.

If we explain it this way, maybe we can get rid of the MUST/SHOULD
keywords in this section
as anyway they are inappropriate as the IETF cannot tell nor enforce
what implementors
or network administrators do or don't.

	- Alain.