Re: [rfc2462bis issue 275] DAD text inconsistencies

On 2004-02-27, Nick 'Sharkey' Moore wrote:
> I'm convinced that a change needs to be made to the wording to
> resolve this issue, but I'm not sure which is the better option.

My suggested text for "DAD but interoperable with DIID":

[5.4. Duplicate Address Detection][...]

   - Each individual unicast address MUST be tested for uniqueness.

   - When configuring a global unicast address, the link-local
     address with the same suffix as that address MUST be configured
     and tested for uniqueness in order to maintain interoperability
     with RFC2462 behaviour.