Re: SEND/DIID interoperabilility (was: Re: [rfc2462bis issue 275]DAD text inconsistencies)

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 17:25, JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 wrote:
> Okay, I'm happy to reach the consensus, too.

Futile though it may be, I would like to register disagreement.

If the intention truly was to simplify the specification, we would be
going to pure DIID. As it is, removing mention of DIID seems like a
gratuitous change at best. As an author of one of those DIID
implementations, I find this somewhat unfortunate.

Also, there is the problem of DAD storms occurring whenever a new prefix
appears on a link. Will the revision be introducing a random delay
before a node begins the DAD procedure for each new address, or will
that make the specification too complex?

	MikaL