Re: simpler prefix delegation

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> > As I've said before in reference to the recursive name server discovery
> > discussion, I don't believe it benefits the network operations community
> > to have multiple solutions to these kind of requirements.
>
> The vendor community would probably agree.

Probably, except for those vendors who would rather not want to be
required to implement DHCPv6 for tasks {Foo, Bar, ....}.

The question is really whether DHCPv6 is a feasible requirement in
*every* scenario where you'd desire prefix delegation, [DNS
discovery], and [whatnot].  If there is consensus that the answer is
"yes", we can focus the energies elsewhere.  But I do not think there
is such concensus (even a rough one; even if it might help).