Re: [rfc2462bis] whether we need the M/O flags

At 08:40 PM 4/15/2004 +0900, JINMEI Tatuya /
=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCP0BMQEMjOkgbKEI=?= wrote:
>[...] As far as I know, no host implementation supports the M flag.
>Regarding the O flag, I've implemented the host side of the flag,
>which invokes a DHCPv6 client upon receiving an RA with the O bit.
>But I've never heard of other implementations.

Here's another data point: The Cisco IPv6 stack implements the host behavior
for the O bit, initiating an Information-request exchange when an RA with
the O bit set causes OtherConfigFlag to change from FALSE to TRUE.  The
stack ignores the M bit because there is no code for DHCPv6 address
assignment.  The RA code in the Cisco stack can be configured to send RAs
with the M and O bits cleared or set.

- Ralph