Re: the protocols for the M/O flags (Re: [rfc2462bis] whether we need the M/O flags)

I think the O flag (if we keep it!) should simply specify DHCPv6, with no
implication about the way in which DHCPv6 is used.

"Stateless DHCPv6" is simply a way to use some of the messages from the full
specification in RFC 3315.  RFC 3376 is a guideline to the implementation of
DHCPv6 that uses just Information-request/Reply messages.  A client can
choose to use the Request/Reply or the Information-request/Reply message
exchange to obtain other configuration information without address assignment.

- Ralph