Re: [rfc2462bis] relationship between M/O flags and related protocols

On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 08:17:04PM +0900, JINMEI Tatuya / ?$B?@L@C#:H wrote:

> Please let me check: are you suggesting to replace the "should"s with
> "may"s instead of removing these sentences (which is my proposal)?

Yes.  I suspect implementations may do both, thus rather than implementors
looking at the spec and wondering whether the issue has been considered,
a "may" shows that it has, and the behaviour is their choice.

I do not feel strongly on it though, so would also support removal.

Tim