RE: [psg.com #245] Mixed host/router behavior

 > > For each multicast interface:
 > >
 > >    IsRouter       A flag indicating whether routing is enabled on
 > >                   this interface. Enabling routing on the
 > interface
 > >                   would imply that a router can forward packets
 > >                   to or from the interface.
 > >
 > > This issue is now resolved
 >
 > 	sorry about late comment, but how far would you like to go?
 > 	like interface A forwards to B (and vice versa), and C-D, ...
 > 	how would you describe?

=> I don't understand the comment. The definition implies that you
can't forward from a non-routing interface. Perhaps you mean
that you should be able to forward _to_ a non-routing interface?

 > 	i'm for simple "router or host" in document, and leave
 > per-interface
 > 	"router" as a exercise for reader ("virtual router"
 > concept is not new
 > 	so vendors will make such device anyways).

=> The issue at hand is that the doc is not clear on
nodes that are both hosts and routers. Do you see any
harm in making the definition per interface?

Hesham

 > itojun

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
 of the intended recipient.  Any review or distribution by others is strictly
 prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender
 and delete all copies.