Re: WLAN (was Re: IPv6 Host Configuration of Recursive DNS Server)

Hi Masataka, Greg, and Pekka,

and elsewhere Greg Daley wrote:

> If there are issues in creating new NC entries
> (particularly for mobile nodes) then they should
> be tackled in IRTF MobOpts or fed to the MIP6/MIPSHOP
> WGs.
>
> All of these groups may require some quantification of
> the problems and the proposed solutions before they
> take on work though (rather than dire 'ND is broken'
> statements).

I tend to agree with Greg and Pekka here. I do agree that
we have performance and other issues with wireless
link layers. Many of these issues are known and
currently being dealt with somewhere, and for the
rest we should carefully define the problems and discuss
how they should be solved. Some issues can be solved
using IPv6 over Foo documents, while others are
best suited for a general solution.

--Jari