Re: IPv6 WG Last Call:draft-ietf-ipv6-optimistic-dad-01.txt

Hi Jinmei,

I'm not going to talk about the document itself.

JINMEI Tatuya / ???? wrote:
[cut]

> EDITORIAL COMMENTS
>
> 15. this draft uses the term "Neighbour", but for this particular term,
>   I guess we should stick to the US standard "Neighbor", because the
>   base documents such as RFC2461 use the latter, and people may search
>   for related documents with (e.g.) "grep -i neighbor rfc*.txt".
>
>   (In this sense, I don't care about "behaviour":-)

based on my local archive:

grep  -i neighbour rfc*txt | wc -l
     297
grep  -i neighbor rfc*txt | wc -l
    7695

it seems the RFC editors aren't checking this:

grep  -c neighbour rfc*txt | sort -tc -n +1 | grep -v '^rfc[0-9]*.txt:0'
|tail -10
rfc2722.txt:1
rfc2811.txt:1
rfc2813.txt:1
rfc2815.txt:1
rfc3208.txt:4
rfc3519.txt:1
rfc3549.txt:1
rfc3719.txt:3
rfc3765.txt:9
rfc3787.txt:1

Is it really important to have the text generated by one
English speaking author (in this case an Australian)
homologated to another dialect?

Greg