Re: IPv6 WG Last Call:draft-ietf-ipv6-optimistic-dad-01.txt

On 2004-08-03, JINMEI Tatuya / ?$B?@L@C#:H wrote:

> > I'd also be interested in other opinions ... somehow we've
> > got to reach a rough consensus on this (we've already got
> > running code ...)
>
> A quick check: what kind of "rough consensus" are you talking about?

Well, the problem is finding a balance between safety, speed and
complexity and interoperability.  it's a difficult tradeoff, and
I've got feedback in all possible directions!

It's a tradeoff, and I'd like to find a consensus position
somewhere in the middle of the solution space.  This is why I
sometimes talk about what I _personally_ think vs. what
I _editorially_ think ...

> At least I'm not convinced that the unsolicited NAs as a signal for
> mobility-supporting routers is necessary.

That's fine: either am I.  I'm happy to remove this from the
draft, as it is separate from OptiDAD really (Mobopts can argue
about it instead :-) )

(Sorry I haven't had a chance to fix the issues list page
yet, will do it ASAP now I've got the laptop working
with the WiFi ...)

-----Nick
--
Nick 'Sharkey' Moore  <sharkey@zoic.org>  <http://zoic.org/sharkey/>
"I also would like to have a cell phone that enabled me to jam the